Knowing Is Half The Battle:
- Canada’s sloppy Math-Rock outfit is composed of multi-instrumentalists who often trade musical duties during a set.
- Within it’s tunes, tempo and time signatures are altered as much as DD/MM/YYYY’s instrumental responsibilities…probably even more so.
- The goup’s Thomas Del Balso and Matt King are visual artists by day and create the band’a album art as well as design the merch.
- DD/MM/YYYY’s diverse musical productions make it hard for critics to place them into one genre allowing the outfit to play/tour an equally diverse group of artists and collectives, including but not limited to: Crystal Castles, Fucked Up, Japanther, and Andrew W.K.
- And, since I know you’ve all been wondering, the correct pronunciation of DD/MM/YYYY is Day Month Year.
The following cut is from DD/MM/YYYY’s 2009 full-length, Black Square, which garnered great reviews from quite a few prominent outlets…you can hear it live when the group help close out ATP’s I’ll Be Your Mirror on Sunday October 2nd.